Event Sales Specialist (Seasonal)
Sales Specialist Who Takes Business to the Next Level!
Do you have a passion for sales and a unique understanding of enriching people's lives through hospitality service?
Are you highly motivated and determined to exceed expectations?
Do you have a strong work ethic and strive for excellence in customer service?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! The Howard Group, Inc. is pursuing a full-time Event Sales Specialist for the wedding planning and trade show season, January through February, though we are very open to converting the position to permanent status for a stellar performer who has the drive to learn our business and take sales to the next level. We seek a business-savvy person who thrives in a fast paced environment.
What Does the Event Sales Specialist Do?
- Generate new business and build new client relationships via telephone, email, social media, and personal meetings
- Maintain existing client base through interaction across all communication platforms and experiences
- Develop and present event proposals to clients
- Achieve weekly an d monthly sales goals
- Develop and manage rotating call log to ensure consistent service to all assigned prospects
- Ensure timely and appropriate follow-up on leads and prospects
- Serve as the on-site contact and company representative during events as needed
We Are Looking For An Individual Who Meets the Following Criteria:
- 3+ years of sales and/or hospitality industry experience at a professional level
- A dynamic self-starter with high-energy and presence
- An unstoppably positive attitude in a heavily phone-centric role
- Effective time management and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, especially in a direct call environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must have a valid WA State driver’s license and use personal vehicle for business
What The Howard Group Has To Offer:
- Fun and upbeat working environment
- Direct and open communication
- Extensive training and accelerated development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary, based on experience and performance
- Motivating bonus structure
- Compensation figures DOE
- Medical benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave [for full-time, permanent employees]
Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings or weekends when requested for networking, client meetings, company events, etc. You must have open availability in January and June. Extended hours will be required during the months of January, June, and other seasonal deadlines.
Application Submission Requirements:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume with no cover letter or introduction is not considered a formal application. Please include "Event Sales Specialist” in the subject line of your email. Use your cover letter to sell us on why you would be an asset to our team and what makes you stand out as a person and a team member. When emailing your cover letter and resume, please insert text into body of email. Due to virus concerns, we do not accept attachments.
The Howard Group, Inc. has been twice voted the Western Washington's Small Business of the Year by the Better Business Bureau.
Only extremely qualified candidates will be considered at this time. We will need you to hit the ground running! We apologize in advance that a response or follow up will not be given to all applicants.