Events Operations Manager
Operations Manager with a Spark of Ingenuity!
Are you results-oriented with strong attention to detail?
Have you always been described as “smart,” “bright,” and “an overachiever?”
Do you not mind being pulled in 10 different directions? Maybe even enjoy it?
Do you have outstanding organizational and time management abilities?
We Are Looking For An Individual Who Meets the Following Criteria:
- Energetic, experienced supervisor to oversee an entertainment division
- Outgoing, personable manager who thrives in fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally organized, detailed individual to oversee details of day-to-day operations
- Self-motivated, driven employee who enjoys challenge and new endeavors
- Top-percentile detail skills and ability to maintain error-free processes and procedures
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Planning, project management, and administrative paperwork processing
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
What Does the Events Operations Manager Do?
- Maintain relationships with key vendors, venues, etc.
- Effective negotiation and execution of contracts
- Hiring and training oversight
- Scheduling of personnel, vendors, venues, etc.
- Writing blog posts, social media posts, marketing emails, etc.
- Oversight and updating of company’s online presence in various locations
- Supervision of sales staff and driving of sales goals
Qualifications, Education, And/Or Experience:
- 10+ years combined college and work experience in related fields
- Bachelors/MBA degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Management, Project Management, or a similar area of study
- A strong background in administration, sales, operations, and/or negotiations
- Knowledge of the event industry at a professional level
- A demonstrated ability of effective and professional verbal and written communication
- Stable job history exhibiting a 110% commitment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to copywrite
- Experience and comfort with social media platforms and web-based systems
- Bookkeeping and/or accounting exposure
- Typing skill of 60-90 WPM
- Viable references
What The Howard Group Has To Offer:
- Fun and upbeat working environment
- Direct and open communication
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary, based on experience and performance
- Motivating bonus structure
- Employer-subsidized medical benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. Evenings and weekends may occasionally be required. Average hours worked per week is 45.0, but during the month of June, between 60-80 hours will be required, often scheduled overnight (approximately 5PM to 5AM). You must have your own reliable vehicle and live relatively close to Lynnwood area.
Application Submission Requirements:
If you meet our minimum requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. When emailing your cover letter and resume, please insert text into body of email. Due to virus concerns, we do not accept attachments.
We work closely as a team, so a personality match, along with experience, is important to us. Use your cover letter to sell us on why you would be an asset to our team and what makes you stand out as a person and a team member. Please list your salary requirements in your cover letter. This position will be eligible for bonuses & benefits.
The Howard Group, Inc. has been twice voted the Western Washington’s Small Business of the Year by the Better Business Bureau.
Only extremely qualified candidates will be considered at this time. We will need you to hit the ground running! We apologize in advance that a response or follow up will not be given to all applicants.